These inspired gifts for grown ups are, yes, all things I already own or are top of my holiday wish list. Featuring woman and Black-owned businesses, I hope the gift guide provides some inspiration for your holiday shopping and beyond.
Holiday Gift Ideas: Grown Ups
I’ll take one of each, please.
- Rainbow Tote | Idlewild Co. Pack up all your work things so you look super chic when you move from the kitchen table to the couch. (Just me?) Whether you’re packing up or staying home, this tote will brighten your day.
- Boss Lady Bubbles | Nasty Woman Wines. The description says, “This wine is made for celebrating victories, great and small.” Sounds perfect to toast the end of 2020 on NYE and the beginning of building back better on January 20.
- Hope Necklace | By Chari. Michelle Obama made the Vote necklace viral when she wore it during the DNC. The Hope version is the next perfect message.
- I’m Speaking Tee Shirt | Operation Amplify. Kamala spoke up for herself – and all of us – when she said, “I’m speaking.” Celebrate our first woman Vice President with a tee honoring those now iconic words.
- Beautiful Things, Not Perfect Things Print | Morgan Harper Nichols. MHN is one of my favorite follows on Instagram and I can think of nothing better than seeing her art and message hanging on a wall at home.
- SPF 30 Lip Balm | BitchStix. Okay, I admit the name got me hook, line and sinker.
- Explore the World Calendar | Rifle Paper Co. While we can’t travel the world, we can admire gorgeous international cities through this Rifle Paper Co calendar.
- RBG Dissent Candle | Blue Otter Goods. It was hard to pick which prayer candle to feature, but obviously you can’t go wrong with RBG. (May her memory be a blessing.) The entire “Ladies of the Resistance” collection is on my wish list.
Holiday Gift Ideas: Books
Every year I browse the best of lists and kick myself for not spending more time reading. So, ya, 2020 is no different. Here are nine books you can’t go wrong giving as gifts – or borrowing from the library to read yourself.
- A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice and Freedom by Brittany K. Barnett
- What Really Makes America Great by Creative Action Network
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi
- Hood Feminism: Notes from the Women the Movement Forgot by Mikki Kendall
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama
- The Book of Two Ways by Jodi Picoult
- One Life by Megan Rapinoe
- Where to Begin: A Small Book About Your Power to Create Big Change by Cleo Wade
A note about the book links. I’ll be honest: I’ve got some mixed messaging about purchasing books going on here. I’ve linked the book recommendations to Amazon. Shopping these links supports Operation Amplify and is extraordinarily convenient for military families overseas. However, when possible, please consider purchasing books from these Black-owned bookstores or IndieBound.
Operation Amplify 2020 Holiday
Shopping links and sharing content helps to grow Operation Amplify. Thank you for your support.